Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Good Days

All days are good days if you can see the beauty in them. This past weekend my family and I went to a fair in the town where I grew up. Walking down the main street was strange... I remember so vividly walking the same street when I was my daughter's age. Times have changed and now, I am the mother pushing the stroller and saying hello to old friends.

I remember when life was new. I remember seeing through my young eyes. It reminded me of the good times... of walking to church with my grandmother, Sunday dinners and the neighbors on the block. A time so far away yet, so vivid. The memories of a great childhood.

Becoming a mother definitely changed my role in the world. I am now the mother and my mother, the grandmother. Times passes quick and my childhood may be a myriad of warm memories, but now is the time I am making those memories for my daughters. Memories that they will reflect on as they transition to adulthood. The good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment